President of Vietnam Association of Science Editing
President of the National Council for Professor Title in the Interdisciplinary Mechanical Engineering, Member of the Vietnam State Council for Professorship
Vice President of the Vietnam Federation of Mechanical Engineering Associations
- Processing of materials and tools
- Machinibility of Materials
- Mechatronics, Automation
- Machinery and mechanical equipment in mechanical fabrication
- CAD / CAM / CNC, CAE, Reverse Engineering; Rapid prototyping.
- Machining formation of surfaces, toollife of Industrial instruments, high speed cutting tools, high speed machining: grinding, milling.
- Processing of advanced Technology, EDM machining, tooling Lazer, waterjet machining.
- Manichines and Strength Development.
- Surface treatment technology tools, machine parts by blowing the PVD, CVD.
- Dynamics and stability of the cutting process. Optimization process outsourcing.
Vice President of Feng Chia University
- Electroacoustic Transducer Design.
- Sound and Vibration.
- Structural Acoustics.
Honors & Awards
- Lifelong Distinguished Professor, Feng Chia University
- Excellence in University-Industry Technology Alliance Award, MOST
- Excellence in Research Award and Grant, National Science Council
- Teaching Excellent Award, Taichung City
Associate Professor, University of Greenwich
He was/has been a project evaluator for the funding organisations such as Vingroup Innovation Foundation (Vietnam), Wellcome Trust (UK), The Royal Society (UK: Global Challenges Research Fund), Welsh Assembly Government (Wales, UK), Sêr Cymru - Welsh Government Office for Science (Wales, UK), NIHR - Invention for Innovation (i4i) Programme (Department of Health, National Institute for Health Research - NIHR, UK), and British Council. He annually serves as a visiting professor and an invited speaker at Higher Education Institutions in Vietnam, Thailand, China and Europe. He is a co-founder of the Vietnam-UK Network of Higher Education, Innovation and Entrepreneurship (www.vuheie.org), which has been successfully secured at least 5 million USD of the external funding for R&D and Higher Education activities, with the active engagements and networking among scientists, researchers and experts from Vietnam, ASEAN and the UK, as well as the fruitful University-Business collaborations.
He is also active in Innovation and Entrepreneurship, serving as CEO, member of the advisory board and the mentor for the Hi-tech start-ups such as Robot3T (www.robot3t.com), VietMani (www.vietmani.com), SIPMD (www.sipmd.com), Digital Global Kingdom (www.dgk.vn), VietSolutions Ltd (www.vietsolutions.co.uk) and Hack4Growth (www.hack4growth.org).
Full Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, NCU, Taiwan
- Geometry Design for Screw Compressors and Vacuum Pumps.
- Design and Manufacture Methods for Gears and Screws.
- Multi-body Dynamics Modeling.
- Analysis of Transmission System.
- Engineering Optimization.
- Taguchi’s Method and Uniform Design.
- Creative Design and Patent Development.
Honors & Awards
- Won the 2020 "Mr. Wu Dayou Memorial Award" from the Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Won the "Research Excellence Award" of Central University in the 108 academic year.
- In 2011, he participated in the two-year National Science Council development-type industry-academic cooperation project "Environmental Refrigerant Double Screw Compressor Key Technology Development" as the sub-project host, and the project was awarded the "Outstanding Industry-Academic Achievement by the Engineering Department of the Ministry of Science and Technology in 2014 prize".